What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- email address
- phone number
- mailing address
- library barcode number
- other information relevant to your research, visit, programming interests, donation
- other information relevant to what technology you use to access this website (browser, device, etc.)
What we do with the information we gather
We ask for your information in order to understand your needs and to deliver content that we believe you’ll find valuable. Specifically, we may use the information collected about you via the site to:
- Issue Library cards. If a user chooses to provide an email address, we may use it to send account alerts and other communications.
- Customize the website according to your interests and to deliver enhanced or personalized services.
- Send promotions, surveys, contests and other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Provide access to e-books and online resources through mobile applications.
- Provide opportunities to further engage with the Foundation through advocacy and fundraising campaigns.
- Improve our products.
- Provide information to our third-party service providers as outlined below in Third-party service providers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In addition, we will never sell or lease your information.
Third-party service providers
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to non-Foundation websites. We like to link to our partners and other community services. Their websites are quite useful and contain a lot of valuable information. Once you click a link and leave our website, know that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Be advised to check the privacy statements of such sites and be cautious about providing personally identifiable information without a clear understanding of how the information will be used.
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us. You can always unsubscribe as well. All of our emails will have an unsubscribe link.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.