Regulations for Use of Grounds
The Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Museum – Library park area is a privately owned park that is open for use by individuals or groups for photography provided they comply with the Grundy Foundation’s policies including the Photography and Recordings Policy, Regulations for Use of Grounds, and the Behavior Policy.
Advance approval is required for all formal public photography including wedding and prom photos on the Foundation grounds. To request use of the grounds for photography, please complete the Use of Grounds Application.
All applicants must agree to these regulations:
- Arrival: Participants must arrive within 30 minutes of time listed on application. Minors (less than 18 years) must be accompanied by at least one adult chaperone. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- Entrance/Exit: Entrance to the park area is to be made at the Penn Street ramp. You may exit by ramp or by use of the steps at the opposite end of the complex near the flagpole.
- Access: On approved day of use, participants are permitted in the lower level lawn areas designated as open to the general public, in the street level lawn area around the flagpole, and on the south lawn adjacent to the museum (additional fees apply). Use of the museum including steps, porches, and Margaret’s garden is strictly prohibited.
- Time Limit: All groups are limited to one hour for photographs. Your cooperation is appreciated to allow for the use of the grounds by other parties.
- Restrictions: Music, food, smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the property including all sidewalk areas in front of the library and museum complex. No intoxicated individuals may enter the property. Violators will be subject to trespassing charges. Cars may not be left in our parking lot. Restrooms are not available.
- Notice: In addition to these Regulations, all visitors must comply with the Foundation Behavior Policy and all park rules. Failure to do so will result in immediate cancellation of your use permit and you and your group will be required to vacate the premises.
We appreciate your understanding regarding these rules and we are pleased to make the facilities available on your special day. You will be notified when your application has been approved. If you have any questions, please email or call Amy Ricigliano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-788-5460.