Joseph R. Grundy (1863 – 1961) was a businessman who created wealth in a number of enterprises such as textiles, banking, newspapers, and real estate. He was active in the civic affairs of Bucks County and Pennsylvania, having represented the Commonwealth in the U.S. Senate by appointment in 1929 – 1930, and also played a role in national electoral politics, but his heart always remained true to the Bristol Borough community in which he lived.
The Grundy Foundation’s endowment, which sustains the operations of both the Museum and Library, also provides for grantmaking. Senator Grundy specified that grant support would be given to “projects for the benefit of the inhabitants and institutions of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and for projects or works designed for the benefit and use of the people generally.”
The Grundy Foundation is grateful for your generosity and support. Lifetime donations and future gift commitments consistent with our philanthropic traditions are gratefully accepted.
Monetary donations and memorial gifts in support of the Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library and the Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Museum are also appreciated. For more information regarding our organizations, please see our Annual Report.
Local philanthropy begun during Joseph R. Grundy’s lifetime continues through the Grundy Foundation today
to build the Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library
to build the Municipal Parking Lot
towards the construction of the Grundy Towers
support for the Bristol Borough Recreation Authority to build
and maintain an ice skating rink
to purchase & renovate an aging movie theatre to create the
Bristol Riverside Theatre
Gardens and Campus
The Grundy Museum and Library grounds are privately owned by The Grundy Foundation and made available to accommodate use by individuals and small groups.
You are welcome to enjoy the riverfront park and rooftop terraces for passive recreational activities during open hours and asked to respect these premises by observing posted signage and cooperating with staff. All commercial use of the grounds is prohibited. The Foundation reserves the right to close the premises without notice. The park and patio are open during the following hours.