The Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library - Museum park area is a privately owned park that is open for use by wedding parties for pictures provided they comply with the following requirements.
- Wedding parties must complete and submit in advance a Use of Grounds, Wedding Pictures Application, requesting use of the park area for pictures on a specific day and at a specified time. The name of the Bride, Groom and Photographer must be identified. Photographer's cell phone number must be listed in order for Foundation staff to be able to contact him on the day of the event. The Foundation may approve or disapprove an application in its sole discretion. Applications must be submitted at least one week in advance of wedding date. You may also fax requests to 215-788-0915 or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members of the wedding party will be permitted in the lower level lawn areas designated as open to the general public, and in the street level lawn area around the flagpole. Use of the museum steps and porches is strictly prohibited.
- Wedding parties must arrive within one-half hour of time listed on application. Wedding parties are limited to one-half hour for photographs. Your cooperation is appreciated to allow for the use of the grounds by other wedding parties.
- Music, food, and alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the property including all sidewalk areas in front of the library and museum complex. No intoxicated individuals may enter the property. Violators will be subject to trespassing charges.
- Entrance to the park area is to be made at the Penn Street ramp. You may exit by ramp or by use of the steps at the opposite end of the complex near the flagpole.
- Failure to comply with park regulations will cancel your use permit immediately and you and all members of the wedding party will be required to vacate the premises.
We appreciate your understanding regarding these rules and are pleased to make the facilities available on your very special day. You will be notified when your application has been approved. If you have any questions, please call 215-788-5460 or 215-788-7891.